This is what is known as "Copyright Infringement", which in plain words is taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own. In more detailed words, art theft is when someone takes another's original artwork, writing, design, or photography, and modifies, reworks, or alters it (or doesn't change it at all) and puts their signature on it claiming it as their original piece. This is not allowed on Vecteezy. We support original artists and their works, not those merely built upon others' established creativity. Forms of art theft can include (but obviously are not limited to): taking another's work and blurring, manipulating, coloring over - merely paraphrasing in order to claim authorship. Other forms include using 'found' images from somewhere on the internet or from books or video games that belong to others - that original image/ work is always the legal property of the source, so don't take them. Stealing is wrong. Being influenced by others is fundamentally different - all artists can and should be influenced by others' works - it makes for a more rich and beautiful piece, just make sure what you take and use is filtered through your own creativity to produce something truly authentic. And so, of course, if the staff here at Vecteezy believes your work to be more or less authored by someone else, and has not come from valid, legal, stock, or public resources, have no doubt we will contact you immediately and/ or remove any artwork in question.
Articles in this section
- What is attribution? How and when should I give attribution?
- What does commercial use mean?
- What is an on-demand service?
- What are the different types of licenses associated with your files?
- Can I use the files found on your site for products I sell?
- What is a Creative Commons License?
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (BY-NC-ND) License Definition & Usage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (BY-NC-SA) License Definition & Usage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs (BY-ND) License Definition & Usage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (BY-NC) License Definition & Usage