The Creative Commons Licenses (CC) are several public copyright licenses that allow users free distribution rights of an otherwise copyrighted work. The author of a Creative Commons Licensed file gives anyone the right to use, share, and edit the work they have created with the file. The author has the ability to choose a CC license that allows users specific rights. These specific rights make up the different Creative Commons License types. They are listed below:
Articles in this section
- What is attribution? How and when should I give attribution?
- What does commercial use mean?
- What is an on-demand service?
- What are the different types of licenses associated with your files?
- Can I use the files found on your site for products I sell?
- What is a Creative Commons License?
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (BY-NC-ND) License Definition & Usage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (BY-NC-SA) License Definition & Usage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs (BY-ND) License Definition & Usage
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (BY-NC) License Definition & Usage